The Move More programme aims to increase physical activity levels for those less active across Cardiff by working closely with Cardiff’s National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS) team, social prescribing organisations and community based physical activity providers.
We connect people to physical activity opportunities and ensure a coordinated approach to increasing activity in local communities. To achieve this, we work in partnership with various Health partners such as Physiotherapists and GPs, as well as a range of delivery partners including specialist physical activity providers, leisure and sports clubs.
The Move More programme has outlined 6 ‘strategies’ to achieve our overarching objectives.
- Activate a knowledgeable community workforce through Training & Development opportunities
- Connecting people to physical activity opportunities through Social Prescribing & Exercise Referral pathways
- Working with communities with highest need to improve health & wellbeing
- Working in partnership with NERS to benefit people and their communities
- Providing Older People with the opportunities to improve their health & wellbeing
- Develop a culture of robust evaluation, evidencing impact, and sharing learning & insight
The ‘Move More’ team is part of Sport Cardiff, who are the City’s sport development team based at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Sport Cardiff’s vision is for Cardiff to be an active City where everyone can have a lifelong enjoyment of sport.
Through collaboration with partners Sport Cardiff aim to:
- Create inspiring and inclusive sport and physical activity opportunities to increase confidence, competence and motivation in children and young people to remain active throughout life.
- Reduce the gaps in participation created by disadvantage and inequality by unleashing the benefits of sport and physical activity to improve health and wellbeing.
- Enhance a thriving network of visible, viable and inclusive sports clubs and a vibrant workforce to help sustain a physically active City.