How we plan our environments can have a real impact on our food and physical activity choices. Improving the quality of the environment through active promotion and enabling easier access to walking, cycling, play opportunities as well as healthier food and drink options, can all help to promote a healthy weight.
Our plan includes:
- Planning policy ensures that healthy environments are available on major new developments
- Current and future developments design in accessible blue and green spaces and formal places for outdoor play and recreation
- Ensure the design of educational settings enable people to be healthy and active
- Restrict permissions on hot food take-aways
- Use traffic regulation orders to create supportive and safe environments